8.25.2009

Seven down and One to go


It was a very busy week around the home front last week


with a whole lot of things piled a mile high!


As we made our final jont up the pig trail.
(Yep that's what it is really called)


To join some old friends doing the same thing...


Climbing the many stairs...

to get settled in....

for another 9 months.


My baby headed back to college for one last round. Our last trip to parking and transportation for the very exclusive parking pass. Our last trip to buy season football tickets; and our last trip to the book store (until Spring of course).



I thought it would have been so much easier to call these guys



but my husband thought differently.


So now it is very quiet around here; it seems to be a bit empty and I miss her terribly! So I have to say to my blogging friends with little ones starting Kindergarten or those who have big kids beginning Junior High or High School; you know how you feel now watching them cross this mile stone? Well it doesn't get any easier. I think this one has been both exciting and difficult. The exciting part is that the goal is just about to be met. This is what she has worked so hard for and her future is beginning. The difficult part is that the reality of moving her one more time will be for more than 9 months and that's a little tough to swallow. But at the end of the day when it is all said and done I hope she realizes what a terrific woman she has become, how very proud I am of her and when she IS out on her own; where ever that may be, that mom is just around the corner because I'M MOVING!


Missing my girl ~ missing my friend!

Sharon


photos from MSN images

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, so many feelings for you. This is tough but good at the same time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww,Sharon....what a change in your life. I'm sure it's so tough...I mean I dont' have kids but still. I see so many posts lately saying goodbye to their kiddies. I can only imagine how my mom felt when I moved away. Hang in there!

    Lots and lots of hugs for you..

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my son left for the Navy I cried as I watched the bus pull away. I cried because I was going to miss him so much and I cried because I was so proud of him. It seemed like just a few days before that he went off to kindergarden.

    All I can say is that it will get easier and the pride just grows and grows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, somehow we get through it. You never stop worrying, but . . . they know we are there, and in this day and age of technology, it's so easy to pick up a cell phone or log on the computer.
    It makes our time together all the more special, right? We knew the day would come - I think it'll really hit me when they get married. Then I'll know they are really out there and on their own.
    Funny, I was not the Mom crying when my kids started Kindergarten. I was the one organizing a breakfast for all the Moms so we could have a few hours of Girl Time!!
    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Sharon how different things must be at home. How great for your son! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments mean so much to me and I enjoy hearing from you!
~ Sharon ~