8.12.2009

Counting the Days!

In 63 more days the International Quilt Association will be hosting the annual International Quilt Festival at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas and where do you think I will be? You guessed it! With three of my other closest and dearest friends along with THOUSANDS of other friends from across the world sharing the same common interest.
Here are some wonderful inspiring photos I have taken over the past two years.









The thread work on these 3 is just amazing!






One panel was not quit enough to see the beauty in this



How would you like to wear one of these to a party girls?





And the lovely Philippa Naylor


take a closer look ~ isn't it stunning!

I thoroughly enjoyed her class

and Robbi Joy Eklow ~ now this gal is a riot! She is also known as "The Goddess of the Last Minute" A girl after my own heart


The Best of Show was awarded to the very talented Sharon Schamber
Okay now how many times can I say amazing?

Oh how I can't wait to go!! The talent of so many and the inspiration that they share is just overwhelming.

So our room has been booked for close to a year now, our airfare is purchased, I've sent in my registration, enrolled for classes (I want to learn from the best) and my suitcase is out. We pack very little, save lots of money, carry snacks, laugh so hard it hurts, return with tired feet and bulging suit cases and have memories that last a life time. So will you be joining us?

Anticipating the wonders I will see,

Sharon

12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous beauties these are ... TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~WOW! Sharon they are all so beautiful and truly amazing! Thanks for sharing all the stunning photos with us. I enjoyed seeing this post.

    Have a blessed week.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - such beautiful photos! I'm in love with that blue dress :)

    I could just sit and stare - they're all gorgeous.

    I hope you have a wonderful time. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

    Hugs!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen such gorgeous quilts! What fun it sounds like you'll be having! I look forward to reading all about this wonderful trip. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you!! I went the two years we lived in Houston - I hope to return one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon...I'll be thinking of you while you are in Houston....DO have a lot of fun. Well, how could you not? Enjoy yourself and come home with lots of ideas...hope your little pooch is better! Have a lovely weekend...pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love doing our favorite things, with our favorite friends! You shall have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can't wait. Fun, friends and fabric can't be beat with the most important element being FRIENDS! Miss you kiddo.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon
    Lucky you going to the Houston. Our son and his family live there so for the last 5 years, ever since I started quilting we always plan one of our trips out there to coincide with the show. I don't take any classes but love to see all the quilts and vendors. It always is around Halloween too so it's fun for us to go trick or treating with our grandkids. Since they moved the dates this year we had to choose show or halloween and I think halloween has won out!
    Hopw you're having a good wekend.
    Hugs Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon darling, thank you for visiting me and for the lovely comments youleft behind, you are kind. Have a terrific weekend, I will visit you again soon.

    Duchess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon, beautiful quilts....stunning. Sounds like you will have a wonderful time.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... I wish I could go... alas no funds...maybe next year I will do this instead of my doll convention.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments mean so much to me and I enjoy hearing from you!
~ Sharon ~