1.07.2010

A Dining Room with a touch of Christmas!

I have had numerous inquiries about my Christmas tree I keep in the dining room year round.  So here it is......


It is a 7 1/2 ft artificial tree that was on clearance at Hobby Lobby that I bought about 5 years ago.  There is not much room at all in the dining room as I mentioned in a previous post and I thought it would look just adorable in the corner.



I purchased a lot of beaded fruit, mostly red and some glass blown gold and red fish to go on it.  Now I don't know what I was thinking or where the idea came from but I "wired" all the ornaments on.  Yes, I said "wired".  I'm not sure what was going through my mind that day but I am sure at the time it was a "great" idea.  Therefore, it stays up ~ year-round.




I love it and it makes me happy!

Enjoy,
Sharon

5 comments:

  1. Delightful tree. I actually know many people that leave there Christmas tree up all year round. My mom even had a few years that she kept her tree up all year round - simply because it made her happy. Some years it was decorated for Christmas all year long and some years she'd change the decorations for seasonal decorations. But it was always fun to admire.
    So enjoy your tree...all year long. I just wish I could come enjoy it with you...all year long!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same tree, and sometimes it stays up longer than my family likes. But my excuse is not as good as yours, I'm just lazy...

    I may follow your lead. The lights are permently attached, so why not the ornaments?! I say this because this year I never got all the ornaments on the tree. In fact hardly any got out of the box! Never even posted my Christmas pictures... just too busy getting ready for our move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Sharon. Talk about keeping the spirit alive all year around. Thanks so much for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very neat idea...having a tree up all year...I have Halloween decorations up all year! :D

    I like the wiring on the ornaments part also, I have three cats....sounds like a brilliant idea to me....let's see them knock them off now! :D

    Great blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments mean so much to me and I enjoy hearing from you!
~ Sharon ~