4.29.2010

Bittersweet


Can a text message be bittersweet?

I think so.

I just recieved a text from my sweet baby girl that read

"Just finished my last college class"

It sent my heart racing; both excited and sad. 
I just sobbed.

Is that right?
It's over?
It just seems like last week she started kindergarten.  The early morning panic attack that her finger nail polish did not match her toe nail polish (we still have those days).

Wasn't it just yesterday she graduated High School?


Where has the time gone?

So I sent a text message back saying....

"Well what will you do with yourself now?"

And the quick reply read

"Close down the bars on Dickson Street"

Yep.  That's what thousands of dollars towards a college education will pay for ~ a
C O M E D I A N !!!



So I replied back

"wait for me"


So now a new journey begins (sigh...)

xoxo
Sharon


8 comments:

  1. How wonderful! You must be so incredibly proud ♥ Congratulations to your beautiful daughter! It's true what they say... when one door closes another one opens.... I wish you and your daughter all of the happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How proud you must be! (of her finishing her education not going to close the bars :)

    I tell everyone with small children to enjoy every momemt because it goes way, way, way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What wonderful news, I know it's bittersweet, but truly awesome.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful daughter no matter where she goes or what she does, have confidence you will be with her. Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bitter sweet yes, but I think the sweet (and the sassy) make the bitter part just an accent to the day. Congratulations to your daughter, finishing college is a great accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good attitude, mom. Enjoy the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute post...you must be so proud of your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Miss B! You have a bright future ahead of you!!!

    hugs,
    becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments mean so much to me and I enjoy hearing from you!
~ Sharon ~